Article Databases Advice
(Badke p. 93-94)
– Stay calm
– Stay focused
– Read the directions
– Plan your strategy
– Ask for help if you need it
Strategies for Article Databases
– Have your keywords and subject headings ready
– Choose a database: general or subject-specific?
– Use your advanced strategies: Boolean, truncation (*), quotation marks
– Use the database limiters to narrow your results
InterLibrary Loan for Students
The Library now offers InterLibrary Loan (ILL) for Students. If you are interested in an article that is not available in full text in our databases, click the Find It button to see if it’s available in another database we own. If not, you can request a copy using ILL.
To use ILL you’ll need to create an account, which takes a few minutes. Link through the Find It window or you can create an account on the Library’s website by clicking Student Services –> InterLibrary Loan –> signup. Or go directly to the sign up page: http://citytech.cuny.illiad.oclc.org/illiad/FirstTime.html
If you have any questions about ILL, please ask me!